Assertive Street Outreach
Niagara Region homelessness services funds a collaborative, region-wide street outreach program called Niagara Assertive Street Outreach.
How the program helps
Assertive Street Outreach is an evidence-based, housing-focused program which:
- Engages with people sleeping rough to create pathways into housing
- Provides standardized intake, triage and assessment to measure a person's vulnerability and help to identify appropriate housing resources
- Minimizes the harmful effects of rough sleeping while working towards long-term housing solutions
- Delivers case coordination along with government and non-profit organizations to support those who may be reluctant to use traditional services
- Provides an intensive and coordinated team approach to identify and work towards personal goals
This program is for individuals experiencing unsheltered homelessness. This may include individuals who are sleeping outdoors, in abandoned buildings, using encampments and tenting, or sleeping in their vehicles.
Call 211 and ask to speak with the Niagara Assertive Street Outreach team.
Housing and homelessness resources
For a full list of housing and homelessness resources available in Niagara, call 211 or visit INCommunities.