The Water Wagon provides clean drinking water to not-for-profit and charitable events in the Niagara region.
This service is for drinking purposes only.
The Water Wagon holds 1200 to 2400 litres of water (serves approximately
600 to 1200 attendants).
To request the Water Wagon, your event must:
- Be open to the public, not-for-profit or charitable event
- Have at least 400 attendants (including staff and volunteers)
- Open between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. (minimum of four hours)
- Provide A 15' x 20' spot of level gravel or pavement
- Have a road/pathway available during the event to allow the wagon to be picked up, refilled and brought back to the event (if necessary)
- Provide or sell drinking containers or cups, or encourage use of refillable, reusable water bottles at events and in promotional advertising
Note: Niagara Region is not obligated to provide drinking containers for use with the Water Wagon.
Booking the Water Wagon
Requests must be received at least four weeks in advance of the event. The Water Wagon is available from May to October each year.
Select an available date to book the Water Wagon
|« January||February||March »|
Note: Bookings are not guaranteed and are dependent upon availability of the Water Wagon and staff.
Terms for Booking the Water Wagon
Niagara Region reserves the right to:
- Decline Water Wagon services to any event that does not align with the intent of the program or maximize the value, impact and accountability of services
- Cancel an event within suitable notice at any time. In the event of a Regional work stoppage or labour disruption, the Region will not be able to provide service of the Water Wagon.
- Remove the Water Wagon in the event of an emergency where the Water Wagon is required to provide water to the public. Efforts will be made to provide suitable notice to event organizers.
If you have any questions, email the Water Wagon.