Textile Donation / Recycling
The donation or recycling of textiles is available to eligible apartment buildings that have a superintendent on-site.
Interested property managers or superintendents can submit a request for more information and to determine eligibility. A waste management staff person will be in contact to schedule a site visit.
What You Can Donate or Recycle
- Accessories: backpacks, belts, gloves, hats, jewlery, mittens, purses, scarves, ties, toques
- All clothing: active wear, bathing suits, bathrobes, coats, dresses, jeans, pants, parkas, shirts, skirts, socks (single or pairs), sweaters, t-shirts, undergarments, uniforms
- Footwear: boots, cleats, shoes, high heels, running shoes, slip-ons, slippers, loafers, sneakers, sandals
- Household: bedding, bibs, blankets, comforters, cushions, curtains, oven mitts, pillows, rags, sewing fabric and scraps, sheets, sleeping bags, stuffed toys, towels, wash cloths
- Ripped, torn, unmatched materials
All items must be dry and free from mildew or hazardous contamination such as grease or oil.
Unacceptable Items for Textile Recycling
For other items, search our disposal of items list.
Locations to Recycle Textiles
Drop-off is free of charge for all Niagara residents.