Etiquette for Dropping Off Reusable Goods
Before dropping off a reusable item to a business or organization, it's important to consider the following etiquette:
- Always call ahead to make sure the business / organization want your specific item
- Do not leave items outside or after hours - respect the property and wishes of the organizations listed
- Arranging pick-ups - some business and organizations will pick items up from your home; to avoid confusion, always call ahead. If you have arranged a pick up, ensure your item is in an easily accessible and safe area
- Only donate clean items - make sure your items are clean before donating them. Ask yourself: would you accept the item in the condition it's in?
- Be courteous and respectful - respect the staff and customers at any location where you're dropping off items
- Ensure your items are in working order - before dropping an item (especially electronics and appliances) test them to ensure they still are in working order
Review a complete list of locations that accept your gently used goods.