Where to Replace a Broken Container
Bring any broken recycling/organics curbside collection container (Grey, Blue, Green, Kitchen Catcher) to a location listed on this page and we will replace it free-of-charge and recycle your old one.
Steps to Replace your Broken Container
- Take your broken container to any of the local locations
- You will receive a new container
- Most locations are not able to take or store broken containers. You will be provided with a broken container label to apply to your old container before placement at the curb.
- Take the broken container and label home and place it at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on your regular collection day. To ensure this label is easily seen by the Region's collection staff:
- Recycling Boxes: Place the broken container label on the bottom of your broken box and place it at the curb upside down on your regular collection day
- Green Bins: Ensure your broken Green Bin is empty. Place the broken container label on the top of the closed Green Bin lid and set it at the curb on your regular collection day.
To recycle your container without replacing, or if you did not receive a broken container sticker:
- St. Catharines, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Welland and Fort Erie - Call Miller Waste Systems at 1-833-621-0726
- Grimsby, Lincoln, Pelham, Thorold, Wainfleet and West Lincoln - Call Green for Life at 1-855-971-4550