Application for Garbage Container Limit Exemption for Diaper Waste
The diaper waste exemption may apply to households with at least one child under the age of four in diapers.
- One child: one clear bag of diaper waste on the off-weeks of every other week garbage collection, without garbage tags
- Two children: one clear bag of diapers is allowed each week
- Three or more children: two clear bags of diapers are allowed each week
Cloth diapers are easy to use / wash and can be purchased from a variety of retail locations. There's also service providers who will pickup and wash your soiled cloth diapers. For more information, visit Green Baby Cloth Diaper Service.
Requirements for Exemption
To get this exemption, you must:
- Be unable to accommodate diaper waste within the two bag / can limit of garbage every-other-week and / or can't hold onto diapers for a two week period
- Place diapers in clear bags, with no other garbage in the bag
- Live in a single family home or an apartment building with six units or less
- Receive curbside collection from Niagara Region
- Submit your application after the birthdate of a child, applications won't be accepted before
- Renew your application every year before the anniversary date
Applications will be processed within three to four weeks and confirmation of service will be provided. Service for families with one child won't begin until the week of Oct. 19, 2020. If you have already been approved for a diaper exemption, you don't need to reapply.
Other exemptions are available for daycare diaper waste, medical reasons and group homes.
Download the PDF application form or complete the online form below.