Why Your Business Should Join
Rethink Your Waste At Your Workplace
By taking the pledge, you're joining an ever growing community of businesses who are committed to - and taking steps towards - reducing their environmental footprint.
About the Program
The "Rethink Your Waste at Your Workplace" program is looking for businesses to maximize their waste diversion efforts.
Businesses who join will commit to:
- One of the three certification levels: gold, silver, bronze
- A personalized site visit by Region staff, who can provide coaching and resources to identify any areas for improvement
Participating businesses will receive:
- Access to promotional materials (posters, handbooks, stickers), presentations and workshops
- Recognition in the Pledge Showcase for one year recognizing their bronze, silver or gold achievement
- A gold, silver or bronze window decal dependent on certification level
Businesses will be required to recertify on an annual basis and receive an updated window decal.
What Does Sustainability Mean for My Business?
A combination of population growth, a demand for more products and declining natural resources means that the competitive business advantage is given to organizations who understand how to reduce their environmental footprint. Sustainable practices are more than being environmentally responsible, it's smart business.
Benefits of Taking the Pledge
Your business will be featured in the Region's "Rethink Your Waste at Your Workplace" Pledge Showcase to recognize your achievements.
Other benefits of sustainable business practices include:
- Reduced garbage disposal costs
- Increased employee engagement, attraction and retention
- Increase your sustainably conscious business brand
- Increased business innovation