Clinics and Classes - Prenatal
- Online prenatal classes
Our online prenatal classes cover a variety of topics from pregnancy and birth to newborn care. Topics include:
- Physical and emotional changes during pregnancy
- Fetal development
- Medical tests and procedures
- Lifestyle and environmental risks
- Physical activity
- Comfort measures, relaxation and breathing techniques for labour
- Labour and delivery
- Pain relief options and medical interventions, such as epidural, induction of labour, episiotomy and caesarean section
- Newborn care
- Infant safety
- Postpartum care
- Preparation for parenthood
Register for an online prenatal class.
- Prenatal appointment
Meet one-on-one with a public health nurse before having your baby.
Niagara Region Public Health has partnered with West Lincoln Memorial Hospital and Niagara Health to offer patients delivering in Niagara the opportunity to meet with a public health nurse before they have their baby. During this appointment, expectant parents can:
- Talk about how they will feed their baby
- Learn about what to expect when they bring their baby home
- Be connected to free programs in their community
- Ask questions about keeping their baby safe and healthy
To book an appointment, register below or call Niagara Parents at 905-684-7555.
- Healthy from the Start
Healthy from the Start is a group prenatal program for eligible expectant parents, delivered in partnership with Strive Niagara.
The program provides healthy lifestyle and nutrition information for pregnant women and their support people. It offers:
- Food gift certificates
- Nutritious snacks
- Free vitamins
- Group education sessions
- Access to a registered dietitian and public health nurse
Weekly drop-in programs and services are available in person starting Oct. 5 at locations across Niagara and online through Zoom.
For more information or to register, connect with Strive Niagara by email at email@example.com or call 905-380-5096.
Find other prenatal education providers, including in-person classes.