Fall branch collection - Oct. 31 to Nov. 25, 2022
Fall branch collection starts this week on Oct. 31 and continues until Nov. 25. Curbside branch collection is available across Niagara region to all residents living in single family homes and apartments with six units or less.
When setting out branches for collection, it is important to remember:
- Branches must be tied in bundles with twine
- Maximum weight of bundle = 22.7 kg (50 lbs.)
- Maximum size of bundle = 1.5 m (5 ft.) in length and 0.5 m (1.6 ft.) in diameter
- Individual branches inside of the bundle must not exceed 7 cm (2.8 in.) in diameter
- Branches must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on your regular collection day, or placed out the night before after 5 p.m.
- During the weeks of fall branch collection, branches and leaf and yard waste are often collected separately from Green Bin material
In addition to curbside collection, residents may also drop off branches (of any size) and yard waste at any of the Region’s Waste and Recycling Drop-off Depots year-round, free of charge. To avoid delays at drop-off depots, plan your visit for less busy days (Mondays, Tuesday and Saturdays).
Use Niagara Region’s Waste mobile app for easy access to branch, holiday and Christmas tree collection and other important collection information or visit our website for your collection information by viewing your address specific calendar. The ‘Niagara Region Waste’ mobile app can be downloaded from the Apple or Google Play stores.
905-980-6000 ext. 2538
Share this article: Facebook | Twitter