Chair Bradley’s 2022 State of the Region address focuses on teamwork, respect and results
In his State of the Region address on March 29, Regional Chair Bradley delivered a speech focused on the themes of teamwork and respect, while also discussing numerous accomplishments that have been delivered by this term of council.
Appearing before a sold-out audience at the Balls Falls Conservation Area, and countless more online as part of the hybrid event, Chair Bradley reflected on his time in office and the strength of the team that comprises Regional Council. Some of the accomplishments that he highlighted include:
- Restoring the Region’s reputation in the eyes of constituents and other levels of government
- The numerous investments being made in local hospitals and long-term care
- Historic decisions made by this term of council, including the decision to consolidate public transit into a single, enhanced service provider for all of Niagara
- The importance of the 2022 Canada Summer Games to Niagara
- This term of Council’s commitment to protecting the environment, while ensuring responsible growth and development
- Council’s approach to housing affordability, homelessness and the opioid crisis
- Strides that have been made in terms of building a more diverse, equitable and inclusive Niagara
The Chair also highlighted the region’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic in regard to mass vaccination efforts, as well as providing a high-level overview of the state of Niagara’s economy and what trends are occurring within our labour market and business community.
Finally, Chair Bradley presented a small sample of ideas for the future, including efforts to establish Niagara as a healthcare centre of excellence, capitalizing on remote work trends to attract more diverse business investment to the area, building on the momentum of the term to streamline municipal administration and the importance of protecting and promoting Niagara’s agricultural sector.
Following the Chair’s formal keynote, local radio personality Tim Denis sat down with Chair Bradley for a more in-depth “fireside chat” discussion to explore the themes of the speech in greater detail.
The full transcript of Chair Bradley’s address can be found on the Niagara Region’s website.
Share this article: Facebook | Twitter