COVID-19 vaccination clinic dates added for the first week of July
New Niagara Region Public Health COVID-19 clinic dates have been added to the provincial portal. Appointments are now available from July 1 – 7, in Pelham at the Meridian Community Centre.
We expect demand for clinics to be very high and we encourage residents to sign up as quickly as possible, especially if they have not yet had their first dose.
First dose eligibility
- Residents age 12 or older (on the day of vaccination)
Second dose eligibility
- Adults 70 or older in 2021
- Individuals 12 or older who received their first dose of Moderna or Pfizer on or before April 18
- Individuals who received their first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine, and who wish to receive Moderna or Pfizer for their second dose, can book an appointment at an interval of 8 weeks or more. Visit our Vaccine FAQ for more information. Residents will need to wait until after their 8 weeks interval has completely elapsed, before the provincial booking tool will let them book an appointment.
- People with highest-risk conditions. Have your health care provider complete the medical exception form and bring it to your first and second dose appointment.
- High-risk health care workers
- People who live in a care home or group living setting
- Indigenous people 12 and older and their non-Indigenous household members (Indigenous people don't need status to book a vaccine appointment)
Indigenous people qualify for a shortened interval of 28 days for their second dose. If you haven't been contacted by Public Health to book an appointment for your second dose, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, and which vaccine you received and we'll contact you. Appointments can also be made through the provincial portal or by calling the provincial booking system at 1-833-943-3900.
Eligible residents can book an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccination either online through the provincial portal at Ontario.ca/bookvaccine or by calling the provincial booking system at 1-833-943-3900.
Those without a health card can book an appointment by:
Eligible residents who received the AstraZeneca vaccine for their first dose, and would prefer AstraZeneca for their second dose, can contact the pharmacy or primary care provider where they received their first dose, or book an appointment at a different location offering AstraZeneca. Residents will need to make sure they have 8 weeks between each dose.
Information about COVID-19, vaccine, and Public Health vaccination efforts can be found on our vaccination webpage.
Niagara Region Public Health
905-688-8248 ext. 7303
Share this article: Facebook | Twitter