The Water Wagon program has been suspended until the 2022 season. Water Wagon reservations for 2022 will open on Nov. 1, 2021.
The Water Wagon provides clean drinking water to not-for-profit and charitable events in Niagara from May to October.
The wagon holds 3400 litres of water (the equivalent to 6,800 500mL single use water bottles), for drinking purposes only.
To request the Water Wagon, your event must:
- Be open to the public, not-for-profit or charitable event
- Have at least 400 attendants (including staff and volunteers)
- Open between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. (minimum of four hours)
- Provide a 15' x 42' spot of level gravel or pavement
- Have a road / pathway available during the event to allow the wagon to be picked up, refilled and brought back to the event (if necessary)
- Provide or sell drinking containers or cups, or encourage use of refillable, reusable water bottles at events and in advertising, using our promotional graphic
Note: Niagara Region is not obligated to provide drinking containers for use with the Water Wagon.
The Water Wagon