Volunteer with Public Health
Volunteers play a vital role
in the delivery of our programs
in the community
All volunteer applications are reviewed with consideration of current volunteer opportunities.
Depending on the position applied for, candidates may be required to complete a Police check and/or participate in an interview.
Niagara Region Public Health would like to thank you for your expressed interested in volunteering with us.
Current Volunteer Positions
Digital Knowledge Base Assistant
Looking for a volunteer to assist Public Health staff with a digital knowledge base project. The volunteer will work closely with a public health nurse to review current resources and information, and synthesize the findings into a database.
- Enrolled in or completed an undergraduate or graduate program specializing in public health, nursing or health sciences
- Research and literature review experience
- Excellent report writing skills and experience
- Planning, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Able to learn a new topic area quickly
- Excellent computer skills - MS Word and Excel
- Able to synthesize information
- Works well independently
- Able to communicate in a professional manner (oral and written)
- Able to meet deadlines
- Able to read and speak English
- Willing to listen, clarify and follow through on instructions
- Demonstrated interest in child or family health is an asset
Application deadline: Friday, Jan. 4, 2019
Apply for Digital Knowledge Base Assistant