Become a Home Child Care Provider
Make child care your business
Stay home and run your own business by becoming a home child care provider
As a home child care provider, you will have:
- A safe, healthy and nurturing home environment, often with your own children
- A desire to see your business succeed
- A commitment to provide high-quality child care
- Run your own business, from the comfort of your own home
- Set your own schedule, including days and hours of work
- Decide how many children you will provide care for (maximum six)
- Join a network of supportive home child care providers
- Receive support and resources to help you succeed
- Get paid monthly by Niagara Region
- Fill a vital need in your community
- Opportunities for financial support, training and professional development
- Access to resource consultant supports for children and families
- Independently contract with Niagara Region Children's Services (a licensed agency by the Ministry of Education)
How to apply
- Complete an online application
- Applicants will be contacted for an interview
- If eligible, we'll work with you to establish your home child care program and help you be successful
How it works
When you become a home child care provider with Niagara Region, we support you with initial set up and some reimbursement for start-up costs. Ongoing guidance and support is provided in partnership with our home child care advisors.
The children in your care come from our referral program and / or private children you find for your program.
Accept children based on your home, family dynamics and your availability. The right fit is important for everyone.
Through the Home Child Care Wage Enhancement Grant, eligible providers may receive up to an additional $20 per day to support their child care services.