The Empathy Effect: Countering Bias to Improve Health Outcomes
The workshop is appropriate for a wide variety of healthcare audiences, including medical, dental and mental health practices; hospitals and hospital systems; managed care organizations; specialty societies; and government agencies.
Deadline to register is Monday, July 20, 2020
There is no cost for this workshop
- Wednesday, July 22, 2020
Noon to 4 p.m.
Link will be provided to registrants closer to the event date
- Identify the premises for empathy-based care
- Identify the elements of the IN GEAR model for empathy conveyance
- Recognize internal or external cues associated with interactions that invite judgement
- Implement counter cues to shift from a view of judgement to one of understanding
- Demonstrate the conveyance of empathy
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will receive an Institute for Healthcare Communication certificate.