Tuberculin Skin Test Reporting
When a clinician thinks a patient may have latent tuberculosis, it should be reported. This includes most patients who:
- Have a positive Tuberculin Skin Test
- Have been a contact of an active tuberculosis case
The reporting form should be completed by any clinician who performed the Tuberculin Skin Test.
Report a Tuberculin Skin Test
Follow-up to the Tuberculin Skin Test Report
- Every positive Tuberculin Skin Test reported to the Infectious Disease program will be investigated to verify Latent Tuberculosis Infection
- Public health nurse will provide the client with education about tuberculosis and review the optional treatment of Latent Tuberculosis Infection
- Anti-tuberculosis medication will be provided if ordered by the health care provider
Order Anti-tuberculosis Medication
- Call the Infectious Disease program at 905-688-8248 ext. 7330 or
- Fax prescription to 905-682-6470
Note: When faxing in a prescription, include the purpose and duration of treatment.
Call the Infectious Disease program at 905-688-8248 or 1-888-505-6074 ext. 7330 (Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)