In-home Support for Expectant Mothers and Parents
The Home Visiting Program supports families from prenatal until a child's transition to school with screening, assessment, blended home visiting and facilitated referrals to community services.
Referrals can be made by:
- Health care providers
- Community agencies
Home visiting programs
Healthy Babies, Healthy Children is a free home-visiting program that assists expectant mothers and new parents who need more support.
Nurse-Family Partnership is an evidence-based home visiting program for young, socially and / or economically disadvantaged, first-time mothers.
Reasons to refer
- Prenatal health concerns
- Developmental or growth concerns
- Parenting support
- Concerns about feeding/nutrition
- Breastfeeding difficulties
- Mental health concerns
- Lack of supports
Make a referral
Option 1: Fill out online
Option 2: Print and fax the form to 905-688-5100
The referral forms are only for service providers. For self-referrals, contact Niagara Parents.
Follow-up to a referral
- A public health nurse will attempt to contact the client within two business days
- The referral source will be notified if public health cannot connect with the client after three attempts
- The referral source will have the option to request results of this referral on the online form