Public Health Community Outreach Booth
The Community Outreach Booth travels to events across Niagara from mid-May to the end of August. Trained students and volunteers help to increase public awareness and knowledge on specific health topics through interactive activities. Resources, giveaways and free sunscreen are available at the booth.
This is no charge for the Community Outreach Booth. Event organizers can select which topics they would like at their event.
Spring / Summer 2022 health topics
- Sun safety
Exposure to the sun's ultraviolet rays can harm your skin and eyes. Learn how to be sun safe.
- Tick awareness
Tick exposure is on the rise. Learn about ticks and the potential impacts on your health.
- Water does wonders
Sugary drinks are everywhere but making healthy drink choices is as important as your food choices. Learn about the benefits of making water your drink of choice.
To request the Community Outreach Booth, your event must:
- Be open to the public, not-for-profit or charitable event
- Be open between 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. (minimum of four hours)
- Provide a 10' x 10' spot in a level area (for outdoor events)
- Provide a spot for a 6' table (for indoor events)
Booking the Community Outreach Booth
Requests must be received at least four weeks in advance of the event. Complete a special events form to request the Community Outreach Booth at your event.
Bookings are not guaranteed and are dependent upon weather conditions (for outdoor events) and the availability of public health students and volunteers.
Terms for booking the Community Outreach Booth
We reserve the right to:
- Decline Community Outreach Booth services to any event that does not align with the intent of the program or maximize the value, impact and accountability of services
- Cancel an event within suitable notice at any time. In the event of a Regional work stoppage or labour disruption, the Region will not be able to provide service of the Community Outreach Booth
- Remove the Community Outreach Booth in the event of an emergency
If you have any questions, contact the Community Outreach Booth.