Traffic Signal and Illumination Standards
This manual is a supplementary guide to the Ontario Traffic Manual Book 12 for traffic signals in Niagara.
It provides design specifications, various traffic signal designs and review sheets for construction and legal approval drawings.
Download individual sections
- Traffic Signal Standards
- Appendix A: Traffic Signal and Illumination Specifications
- Appendix B: Standard Detail Drawings
- Appendix C: Approved Materials Listing
- Appendix D: Roadway Lighting Standard
- Appendix E: Check List Sheets
- Appendix F: Reference Guide
- Appendix G: Construction, Legal, Wiring Examples
- Appendix H: Pole Details
- Appendix I: Lighting Warrants
Niagara Region has pre-approved acceptable materials for use in the construction of the traffic signal plant, as noted in Appendix C. This list is important for suppliers and contractors considering work in Niagara region.