Niagara Investment in Culture Program Application
The Niagara Investment in Culture program promotes culture in Niagara by funding a range of innovative and
Applicants from the following two categories are eligible for the program:
- Any one of Niagara's 12 municipalities
- Non-profit Niagara cultural organizations
Application information for the 2017-18 Niagara Investment in Culture program is coming soon.
To be eligible for a Niagara Investment in Culture incentive, your application needs to meet specific criteria.
- Projects must be organized and hosted within the Niagara Region
- The majority of people hired as a part of the project must reside in Niagara Region
- Municipalities and organizations can only be project lead on one project per funding year, but may partner or work with other organizations or municipalities on other projects
- Project events/activities must be open to the public and publicized
- Project should be new, or if it is an ongoing project, should demonstrate significant innovation and/or strong success along with community desire
- Project should have clear, significant and measurable indicators and evaluation data
- Project should have a clear and reasonable budget
- Project should have letters of agreement from key partners specifying their support and role(s) in the project
- Project must be completed by Dec. 31 of the funding year
- Cultural organization applicants must be governed by an accountable board, steering committee or the equivalent
- Applicants must be in verifiable fiscal health
- Funding requests may be for up to 75 per cent of the total cash budgeted for any project
- For municipally led projects, applicant municipalities will be expected to contribute a minimum of 25 per cent of the total funds requested
Additional program details are included on the application form.
Niagara Investment in Culture Projects