Job Posting #23203
RPN 0 hour - WSZ03
In keeping with the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of Seniors Services, provide professional nursing care to residents/clients and offer direction and assistance to Health Care Aides/Personal Support Workers.
In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, practice in accordance with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Long-Term Care Homes Act, and the standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario and facilitate interdisciplinary, resident/client/family-centered care to achieve desired quality of life outcomes
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Diploma from an approved Practical Nurse Program with Medication Certificate.
- Training in Gentle Persuasive Approaches (GPA) preferred.
- Minimum of three months of current (within the last 3 years) experience in a long term care setting.
- Current (within the last 3 years) experience in administration of medications, including performing injections
- Knowledge of resident/client safety issues and demonstrated capacity to apply resident/client safety practices
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated interest, compassion, respect and patience in their work with cognitively impaired residents/clients and their families.
- Demonstrated flexibility and resourcefulness in achieving resident/client quality of life outcomes.
- Ability to perform CPR as required, as per College of Nurses Standard.
- Demonstrated computer skills and ability to use nursing related applications.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Commitment to continuous learning and development.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm, flexibility and ability to cope with change.
- Demonstrated commitment to resident/client/family centered care.
- Current Registration with College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Completed courses in Administration of Medications for Registered Practical Nurse, and Nursing Process.
- Good attendance record.
- Physically and mentally capable of performing the duties of the job and have an excellent rapport with elderly people.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate including a vulnerable sector search.
- Strong background in long-term care, community consultation and geriatric mental health
- Must be able and available to work all shifts, weekends, and statutory holidays, as required
Required to work days, evenings and nights including weekends. Must be willing and able to work up to 24 hours per week and declare availability of 32 hours per week
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs