Job Posting #22952
HCA PSW - 0 hour - RLZ19
Under the supervision of registered nursing staff, assist with the care of residents in the long-term care homes in accordance with the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of Senior Services.
Report observations and all signs and symptoms of change in a resident (emotional, physical and cognitive) to registered staff.
Perform and collaborates as a member of the interdisciplinary team in accordance with the Long-Term Care Homes Act and the Roles and Responsibilities document.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Certificate from an approved Personal Support Worker (PSW) Course or a minimum of one year of successful completion of a recognized Registered Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse program, if currently enrolled.
- Training in Gentle Persuasive Approaches (GPA) preferred.
- Minimum of one month of current (within the last 3 years) experience in a long term care setting.
- Knowledge of resident/client safety issues and demonstrated capacity to apply resident/client safety practices
- Good attendance record
- Physically and mentally capable of performing the duties of the job and have an excellent rapport with residents.
- Must be able and available to work all shifts, weekends, and statutory holidays, as required.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate including a vulnerable sector search.
Currently scheduled 0 hour and various shifts and may be required to work days, evenings and nights, including weekends. Must be willing and able to work up to 24 hours per week and declare availability of 32 hours per week.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs