Job Posting #22568
Responsible to provide a supporting role in the preparation, issuing and receipt of bid opportunities as well as facilitating various procurement processes within Purchasing Services for obtaining good and services required by various departments of the Niagara Region, along with affiliated agencies, boards and commissions.
Additionally, the junior buyer will provide administrative support for the Purchasing unit.
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Purchasing or a related field or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Working towards or willing to enroll in either a Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) designation or the Purchasing Certification Program through the Purchasing Management Association of Canada
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an administrative role.
- Prior ’ purchasing related experience preferably in a public or municipal sector organization is benefit to the applicant but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements as it applies to Municipal Government including tendering law, Municipal Act, risk management and health and safety, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft office programs and other Purchasing related software programs
- Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent negotiating and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task, adjust priorities and work in a demanding environment
- Ability and experience dealing with the public and staff related to Purchasing issues
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Works effectively in team environment exchanging information and innovative ideas.
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted specified license for the class of the vehicle operated
- Must maintain ability to travel in a timely manner to other offices, work locations or sites as authorized by the Corporation for business reasons.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs