Job Posting #22557
Corporate Policy Advisor
About Niagara Region
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada's most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada's most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario's most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Salary under review
Reporting to the Deputy Regional Clerk, the Corporate Policy Advisor is responsible for managing the corporate policy framework, ensuring all corporate policies are in compliance.
Liaising with policy owners, the Corporate Policy Advisor monitors policy revisions and reviews to ensure alignment with the mission, vision and values of the corporation.
This position also provides advice to internal stakeholders to ensure corporate awareness and compliance with the corporate
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Communications, Public Administration, Political Science, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Policy development in a public sector environment.
- Experience understanding and interpreting provincial and municipal legislation.
1. Administration of the Corporate Policy Framework
- Develop and review regularly for maintenance, the corporate policy framework
- Regular review of corporate policies to ensure compliance with the corporate policy framework and legislation.
- Ensure all Corporate Policies are aligned to the Mission, Vision and Values of the corporation.
- Update the corporate policy manual on the intranet site and maintain original copies of policy records.
2. Stakeholder Engagement
- Consult with internal stakeholders to solicit feedback required to develop the corporate policy framework.
- Promote and create awareness of the corporate policy framework with internal stakeholders through in-person consultations and presentations to senior leadership.
- Consult and advise on corporate policy creation and revision in response to updated legislation, direction of Council, and/or recommendations of the Corporate Leadership Team.
- Evaluate how changes to corporate policy will impact internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide advice to corporate departments in the development and implementation of departmental and divisional policies.
- Advise and liaise with other government departments and agencies on Policy review.
3. Report and Analysis
- Provide regular review and report on the current status of corporate policies, including the list of policy owners, key policy stakeholders, last policy review date, etc.
- Conduct complex research and analysis by identifying, collecting and assessing relevant corporate information to be used in enquiries.
- Prepare correspondence and reports, briefing materials and assessment by researching and analyzing information.
- Maintain database of corporate policy updates and amendments and provide reports back to the Corporate Leadership Team on data relating to these updates annually.
4. Policy and Legislation Trending and Research
- Keep current with emerging trends in policy and legislation to ensure corporate policies are in-line with changes in legislation.
- Analyze and interpret impact of legislation, orders of the court and government policies to recommend appropriate course of action.
- Maintain a constant, broad awareness of current and developing political and policy issues that could impact the corporation.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs