Job Posting #22550
Project Manager Information Technology
Approximate Duration: 18 months
About Niagara Region
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada's most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada's most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario's most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Reporting to the Associate Director Application & Information Services, the Project Manager, Information Technology is responsible for managing all aspects of the development and implementation of large, multi-faceted software application development and implementation projects.
- Post-secondary degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Formal training in project Management.
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive project management experience.
- Experience with corporate document management systems in a SharePoint environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, techniques Lean/Six Sigma and best practices.
- Knowledge of software programs, such as MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office, servers, operating systems, personal computers, networking, and internet technologies.
- Project Management professional (PMP) or PRINCE2 designation is preferred.
- This position will be focused on Corporate Information Management projects, including the selection and implementation of an Enterprise Content Management System (ECM), rollout of Corporate Business Intelligence tools and the implementation of a data and information governance framework. Having past experience managing projects of this nature (and particularly the implementation of an ECM system) is preferred
1. Manages all aspects of the development and implementation of large, multi-faceted software application development and implementation projects, managing project life cycle activities.
- Defines project scope, goals, success criteria and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders, liaising on an ongoing basis to manage expectations.
- Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Tracks project milestones and deliverables.
- Determines the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyzing results, and troubleshooting problem areas.
- Conducts project post mortems, identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Reports project status, including project KPIs to stakeholders.
- Monitors and tracks project costs, schedules, resources, risks, issues, and performance to ensure the optimal success.
2. Coordinates and manages project team resources, identifying appropriate resources/participants needed, assigning tasks and activities, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Negotiates for the acquisition of required personnel from within the organization with other department managers.
- Determines and assesses need for additional staff and/or consultants and makes the appropriate recruitments necessary during project cycle.
3. Develops project priorities and implementation plans, providing recommendations for changes in line with approved plans and strategies
- Develops full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical paths.
- Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Manages changes in project scope, identifying potential crises and devising contingency plans.
- Builds and develops any business relationships vital to project success.
4. Coaches and supervises project team members, providing direction, monitoring performance and quality of work, and resolving issues.
- Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Manages project contract staff activities, monitoring quality of work and services provided and ensuring deliverables are met.
5. Develops, Manages, and administers, Capital budgets and 10 year forecast ensuring support of Council's objectives, financial transparency and accountability, monitoring budget adherence, identifying and explaining variances, timely billing and completeness of funding and financial reporting is effectively managed in compliance with corporate financial and capital asset accounting policies and best practices in asset management planning.
- Authorize and administer the acquisition of goods and services in accordance with the procurement policy.
- Authorize, and administer the acquisition of goods and services for the projects and direct reports in accordance with the procurement policy and procedures.
- Drafts and submits budget proposals, recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Reviews submitted contractor tenders, analyzing bids to ensure properly balanced pricing and reference checks.
- Prepares and approves payment certificates, change work orders, purchase orders, and resolve claims, etc
Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs