Job Posting #22541
Manager, Records and Information Management Services
Reporting to the Regional Clerk, the Manager Records & Information Management Services is responsible for providing leadership, strategic planning, design, implementation and effective management of the corporate Records and Information Management Program, and its functions.
- Post-secondary degree in Library or Information Science, Public Administration or related discipline.
- Masters' level university degree in Library or Information Science, Public Administration, or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Records Management and a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in a records management setting.
- Experience with implementing and/or leading the on-going maintenance of an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint is preferred
- Certified Records Manager (CRM), Certified Document Imaging Architect (CDIA), or Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM) certification (ERM, ECM).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is preferred.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma expertise is preferred.
1. Serves as the corporate Records Manager (RM) responsible for leading, planning, directing and managing Niagara Region's Corporate Records and Information Management Program and public archives and as the corporate senior technical expert on agency-wide electronic and non-electronic records management issues.
- Facilitates the development of strategic and operational processes and develops strategies to address and mitigate risk for the Corporation.
- Advises the Senior Leadership Team, and other key stakeholders on the records and information framework, adequacy of documentation and creation and management of corporate records, keeping senior management apprised on current and projected operational requirements, updates to legislation, and regulatory matters.
- Ensures life cycle records and records management systems (both traditional and electronic) are consistent with regional practices and applicable federal and provincial legislation.
- Works closely and proactively with legal counsel and key stakeholders within the Department/Division/Program areas to ensure that records/information assets are managed to ensure government accountability, to protect the interests of the public, and mitigate records-related litigation risks.
- Represents Niagara Region's Corporate Records and Information Management Program and acts as a resource for external stakeholders.
- Acquires, preserves and makes available records of legal, financial, historical and evidential value to the people and government of Niagara.
- Oversees compliance with the Municipal Act (records management).
- Provides updates (annually and as required) on the Corporate Records and Information Management Program to the Corporate Leadership Team, Committee and Council.
- Identifies and executes opportunities to enhance and promote the corporate Records and Information Management program to be recognized as a leader in Records Management and Open Government practices.
2. Develops short and long-range strategies to manage the corporate Records and Information Management Services Program, including the development, implementation and on-going maintenance of an electronic content solution and identification of additional applications across the corporation.
- Leads the transformation of agency records management processes to address the challenges posed by electronic records.
- Works with the Chief Information Officer (CIO) to build records management functionality into the corporate enterprise architecture and to ensure all current and future information systems incorporate records management functionality appropriate to the records/information assets they support.
- Consults with the CIO to insure that records management technology in use is consistent with corporate enterprise architecture.
- Plans, designs and implements a vital records protection and disaster recovery program, to support both paper and electronic records.
- Undertakes special research and administrative assignments.
- Represents the department and/or division on various internal and external project teams and committees.
- Consults and provides technical guidance respecting the implementation of policy and procedures for record-keeping ensuring compliance with corporate Records and Information Management strategic plan,
- Plans, organizes, directs, reviews, coordinates, and establishes corporate compliance mechanisms for all records activities.
- Provides guidance and assistance to departments and other users with respect to controlling costs and operations associated with storage, retrieval and final disposition of records.
3. Plans, consolidates and facilitates documents and reports for distribution for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops status/information reports for senior management, managing formats to align with departmental requirements.
- Provides variance analysis and reporting to demonstrate compliance levels and facilitate corrective action.
- Collaborates and provides technical advice and consultation with internal and external stakeholders in order to retrieve and prepare documents for distribution in compliance with the request, corporate policy and procedure and legislative responsibilities.
4. Develops, manages, and administers annual and multi-year Capital and Operating budgets for the operating unit ensuring support of Council's objectives, financial transparency and accountability, monitoring budget adherence, identifying and explaining variances, and financial reporting is effectively managed in compliance with corporate financial policies. Ensure goods and services are acquired in accordance with the procurement policy. Authorize, and administer the acquisition of goods and services for the operating unit and direct reports in accordance with the procurement policy and procedures.
5. Manages and directs staff, coordinating and planning work, providing work direction, assigning tasks and projects, determining methods and procedures to be used, monitoring quality of work, resolving problems and ensuring assigned results are achieved.
- Enables results with the organization's human capital strategy to foster employee engagement.
- Provides training and development, coaching and discipline when necessary, and manages staff recruitment.
- Ensures focus is service excellence, communication/transparency, innovation, and data integrity and work flow integration.
- Ensures staff has the information and resources to make successful plans and decisions.
- Ensures all people related issues, including recruitment, grievances and labour relations issues, are aligned to HR and Corporate standards and practices.
- Helps to break down barriers to employee success, ensuring collaboration and cooperation with other teams within their division and department
- Ensures Occupational Health & Safety policies, programs and practices are implemented, and maintained. This includes workplace inspections, monitoring, accident reporting and investigations, and ensuring any observed hazards or lapses in the functioning of OH&S processes, and other OH&S concerns are responded to promptly.
- Ensures all individuals under supervision have been informed of hazards and instructed on the necessary risk control and emergency response measures
- May be required to support emergency operations under the incident management structure, at the direction of the Emergency Operations Centre Director
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs