Job Posting #22519
Approximate Duration: 36 months
Important Notice and Amendments
Please note this position will travel to various locations.
Responsible to develop, coordinate, implement, promote, and evaluate a Music Therapy Program for residents in an individual and group based program.
- Bachelor of Music Therapy (BMT) degree, from a university approved by the Canadian Association for Music Therapy (CAMT).
- Master of Music Therapy (MMT) or a Master of Arts in Music Therapy (MA) degree from a university approved by the Canadian Association for Music Therapy (CAMT) preferred.
- At least one year of recent, related experience
- At least one year experience working with people diagnosed with dementia
- Experience in the development and implementation of music therapy services
- Demonstrated skills in creative programming, utilizing a wide range of music therapy program modalities
- Must have access to personal musical instruments and required tools
- Electronic Documentation experience – (eg) particularly with Point Click Care
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, non-verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact effectively with others.
- Ability to organize workload and set priorities
- Accredited Music Therapist (MTA) through the Canadian Association of Music Therapists (CAMT)
- Membership in good standing with CAMT required
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted specified license
- Must maintain ability to travel in a timely manner to other homes, work locations or sites as authorized by the Corporation for business reasons.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
Currently scheduled 40 hours days/evenings and weekends.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs