Job Posting #21558
Manager, Performance Measurement and Organizational Improvement
Approximate Duration: 18 months
About Niagara Region
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada's most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada's most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario's most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Internal Control and Organizational Performance, the Manager, Performance Measurement and Organizational Improvement is responsible for providing leadership, strategic planning, direction, and effective management of corporate performance measurement and organizational improvement functions.
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Business, Commerce or Economics), or equivalent (required).
- Masters degree in relevant discipline (preferred).
- Graduate certificate in Statistics or Program Evaluation (preferred).
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in public administration, strategy and project management (required).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation (preferred).
- Lean and/or Six Sigma expertise (preferred).
1. Collaborates with senior leadership in the development and implementation of initiatives designed to support the Region's strategic goals, including performance measures and service standards.
- Facilitates the development of strategic and operational plans, developing strategies to address risks and mitigation for Senior Leadership Teams.
- Forecasts short, medium and long-term operational needs, undertaking performance measurement, outcome measurement and comparative analyses, and providing insight on gap analysis for long-term strategic planning.
- Leads the promotion of process and priorities alignment, streamlining and focusing on increasing and improving analysis, and developing key metrics for assessing organizational performance.
- Translates available data and analysis into relevant and timely messages for use in internal and external communications.
- Ensures best practice, performance-based, client-centered service delivery models are designed and implemented to enhance and improve services on a continuous basis, applying organizational/business process improvement methodologies, quality management methodologies, measures and key business indicators and lean methodology.
- Conducts regular service delivery reviews of progress made towards goals and objectives, ensuring standards and methods exist for improved coordination, consolidation, standardization and re-engineering of operational processes.
- Develops, implements, and administers sound organizational performance and business consulting policies and practices to promote performance and business integration across the organization.
2. Engages business and/or operational staff across the organization to assist with projects and initiatives.
- Leads and/or participates in special projects as required, managing project deliverables, timelines, budgetary issues and logistics.
- Strategizes and consults with clients and other Senior Leaders on courses of action and in leading or assisting with the implementation of department, divisional or Region-wide projects.
- Provides guidance and advice on the interpretation and application of effective organizational/business process improvement methodologies, project management methodologies, measures and key business indicators, including strategic and tactical planning, business assessments, identification of improvement and enhancement opportunities, risk identification and mitigation, business documentation, etc.
3. Plans, consolidates and facilitates strategic report preparation, including providing provisional timelines.
- Develops status/information reports for senior management, managing formats to align with departmental requirements.
- Develops generic and custom metric/dashboard reports.
- Provides variance analysis and reporting to demonstrate performance levels and facilitate corrective action.
- Prepares reports relating to organizational performance in a format that is audience-appropriate (public, corporate, community, etc.).
4. Contributes to people resource planning for the operating unit, determining ideal organizational structures, identifying desirable role and skill mix requirements. Ensures ongoing work quality and deliverability of results.
- Enables results with the organization's human capital strategy to foster employee engagement.
- Directs and provides leadership for the activities and coaching of direct reports, providing work direction, setting priorities, assigning tasks/projects, determining methods and procedures to be used, resolving problems, ensuring results are achieved, and managing staff recruitment, performance, and skill development activities
- Ensures alignment and coordination of activity and quality of output between teams under their direction
- Ensures focus is service excellence, communication/transparency, innovation, and data integrity and work flow integration.
- Ensures staff has the information and resources to make successful plans and decisions.
- Ensures all people related issues, including recruitment, grievances and labour relations issues, are aligned to HR and Corporate standards and practices.
- Helps to break down barriers to employee success, ensuring collaboration and cooperation with other teams within their division and department
- Ensures Occupational Health & Safety policies, programs and practices are implemented and maintained. This includes workplace inspections, monitoring, accident reporting and investigations, and ensuring any observed hazards or lapses in the functioning of OH&S processes, and other OH&S concerns are responded to promptly.
- Ensures all individuals under supervision have been informed of hazards and instructed on the necessary risk control and emergency response measures
5. Contributes to the development, management, and administration of the annual and multi-year Capital and Operating budgets for the operating unit ensuring support of Council's objectives, financial transparency and accountability, monitoring budget adherence, identifying and explaining variances, and financial reporting is effectively managed in compliance with corporate financial policies. Ensures goods and services are acquired in accordance with the procurement policy. Authorize, and administer the acquisition of goods and services for the operating unit and direct reports in accordance with the procurement policy and procedures.
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs