Job Posting #21094
Dietary Aide - 0 hour
Performs general kitchen duties and food preparations as required.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Completed or be enrolled in a Dietary Aide course approved by the Ontario Dietetic Association and the Ontario Food Services Supervisors Association.
- Up to one month of related experience.
- A current Safe Food Handling Certificate from Public Health.
- Knowledge of kitchen operating procedures and food storage and safekeeping.
- Safety and fire regulation awareness.
- Must have a clear understanding of Canada's Food Guide.
- Ability to read menus.
- Must possess the ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff and residents .
- Ability to follow oral and written directive.
- High food standards with an interest to upgrade.
- Goods standards of cleanliness and order.
- Reliable and conscientious.
- Well organized and have acceptable pace to meet time schedules.
- Must be able to exercise judgement and initiative.
- Must have a good attendance record.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
Currently scheduled 0 hour various shifts and may be required to work days, evenings and nights, including weekends.
Successful applicants will have one primary home location and also have the opportunity to work in our other long term care facilities listed below
- Gilmore Lodge - Fort Erie
- Northland Pointe - Port Colborne
- Rapelje Lodge - Welland
- Woodlands of Sunset - Welland
- Linhaven - St.Catharines
- Upper Canada Lodge - Niagara on the lake
- Deer Park Villa - Grimsby
- Meadows of Dorchester - Niagara Falls
Conditions of offer include obtaining a vulnerable sector police clearance that is less than 6 months old from date of hire satisfactory completion of Mantoux Baseline 1 and 2 Clearance (or chest x-ray) presenting educational qualifications - completion of High School, valid safe food handling certificate, enrollment or completion of food service worker program satisfactory completion of a physical assessment
In order to be employed in our seniors division or any long term care facility, you must possess a current vulnerable sector police clearance that is less than 6 months old. Although it is at the candidate's discretion, it is encouraged that you obtain a vulnerable sector police clearance due to the length of process time.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs