Women's Advisory Committee
The Women's Advisory Committee was established by Regional Council to consider ways to address the underrepresentation of women in public office, on corporate boards and in leadership positions. The committee will also consider the unique economic, social and cultural experiences of women that are directly impacted by public policy decisions.
The goals of the committee are to:
- Advocate for gender-based issue resolutions and opportunities related to Regional policies, priorities and decisions
- Promote leadership development that empowers women in Niagara to fully participate in civic life
- Research and provide information and resources about women's gender-based issues to Niagara
The committee membership includes four Regional Councillors and 11 citizen members, and meets four times a year.
Terms of reference
Agendas and Minutes
Inquiries and Copies of Reports
For questions or copies of committee reports before 2015, email clerks.
Past Meeting Videos
Watch past videos of council and committee meetings.
- Barbara Butters, Councillor
- Isabell Camillo, Public
- Sabrina Hill, Public
- Diana Huson, Councillor (Chair)
- Rochelle Ivri, Public
- N'ora Kalb, Public
- Emily Kovacs, Public
- Laura Lane, Public
- Coletta McGrath, Public
- Naheed Qureshi, Public
- Hafsah Shaikh, Public
- Ruth Unrau, Public (Vice-Chair)
- Leanna Villella, Councillor
- Elisabeth Zimmermann, Public