We're undertaking a comprehensive review of the Region’s Woodland By-law, and asking for public feedback.
Niagara Region’s Tree and Forest Conservation By-law (30-2008) has been protecting woodlands in Niagara since 1981. The last update to the by-law occurred in 2008 due to:
- Changes in the Municipal Act
- A request for amendments to the by-law from the Township of West Lincoln
- The transfer of responsibilities for enforcement of the by-law to the Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority
The purpose of this review is to ensure consistent service delivery and application of the by-law across Niagara.
The review will consider:
- Changes to provincial legislation
- Alignment between the by-law and the current Niagara Region Official Plan policies
- Best management practices
- Opportunities for enhancements and efficiencies in administration and enforcement
Reports and Documents
Stakeholder Session - March 3, 2020
Virtual Open House - June 17, 2020