Grants and Rebate Programs
Review of Regional incentive program
Learn about the Regional Transitional Incentives Timelines proposal and Niagara Region Incentives Policy proposal brought to council during this process.
For more information, email Marian Bannerman or call 905-980-6000 ext. 3357.
Regional Development Charge Grant and Incentive Programs
- Industrial Regional Development Charges Grant Program
These programs provide grants for industrial expansion and development
Regional Development Charges Deferral Policy
The Regional Development Charges Deferral Policy allows landowners, developers and / or builders to defer payment of development charges. The following development types may be eligible for a deferral:
- Affordable housing developments that received funding through an agreement with Niagara Regional Housing or designated agency of Niagara Region as per By-Law 2022-71, Section 9 (a).
- Developments that have received conditional / pending approval for Regional development charge grant and where the total Regional development charges for the project exceeds the minimum threshold. The deferral amount under this clause will be capped at the amount of the conditional / pending grant.
- Developments that Regional staff have identified as eligible for a future Municipal Capital Facility Agreement for which Regional development charges will be exempted (subject to conditions under Municipal Act, 2001, section 110 and subsequent Regional Council approval)
- Developments that are eligible for a transitional provision in an approved Regional development charge by-law
For more information, email the development charges team.