Economic Development and Business Services
Niagara Region and its partners offer regional and local services to support your business. Visit the following websites to learn more.
Regional economic development services
Economic development activities and opportunities at the regional level are supported by the Niagara Region Economic Development division.
Niagara Region Economic Development
Economic Development supports the growth and competitiveness of Niagara's regional economy. The division provides:
- Business expansion and site selection support
- Administration of development incentives
- Regional research and information
- Trade, import and export support
- Investor assistance
- Assistance with regionally significant economic development projects
Local economic development services
Local economic development offices support economic and business development activities in their respective local municipalities. Services include business retention and expansion; support for site selection, investors and development incentives; and local business and economic information
- City of St. Catharines Economic Development and Government Relations
- City of Niagara Falls Business Development
- Welland Development Commission
- Town of Lincoln Economic Development
- City of Port Colborne Economic Development
- Fort Erie Economic Development and Tourism Corporation
Municipalities in Niagara without economic development offices (Grimsby, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Thorold, Wainfleet, Pelham and West Lincoln) are supported by Niagara Region Economic Development.
Small business services
These services support business start-up and small businesses in Niagara. Services include young entrepreneur programs, how-to guides and training, funding support, market research, consultation, business referrals, and networking events.
The following offices serve businesses that are developing, or looking to develop and innovate solutions.
Provides support for businesses producing innovative products and services, including:
- Business advisory support and training
- Networking opportunities
- Tools and resources
- Business funding support
- Specialty programs for innovative businesses and business incubation opportunities
Niagara College Research and Innovation
Niagara College Research and Innovation is the applied research arm of Niagara College. They provide services and support for:
- Applied research and development
- Knowledge transfer
- Prototype development
- Technology evaluation
- Access to industry-specific innovation centres, including in advanced manufacturing, agriculture and environment, and food and wine
- Project funding
Goodman Group - Brock University
Goodman Group is the business services arm of Brock University providing:
- Business consulting
- Professional development opportunities
- Venture development services
- Executive development services
- Service learning (student-based business services) to companies
Provides business financing, business plan assistance, and community economic development services and programming.
Business Development Bank of Canada
Provides business financing, advisory support, and venture capital opportunities.