Niagara Region Environmental Awards 2015
The Niagara Region Environmental Awards Program recognizes individuals, businesses, community groups, non profits, youth, schools and Niagara's "greenest" family who have made significant contributions to safeguarding Niagara's natural environment.
These awards recognize contributions to environmental conservation in Niagara in the following areas:
- Conserving the existing environment
- Repairing damage done in the past
- Increasing public understanding and awareness
To be eligible, the nominee must have volunteered their time.
- Lifetime Achievement Award honours an individual who has made a substantial contribution to conservation over many years
- Green Non-profit Award recognizes a government agency, institution or non-profit organization for its contribution to maintaining a healthy environment
- Green Business Award honours a business for its focus on environmental health of Niagara. This category includes farms and agri-businesses
- Green Family Award recognizes a family for outstanding achievement in reducing its environmental footprint
- Volunteer Award recognizes individuals or community groups
- Young People's Award - Elementary Age recognizes children aged six - 13 years
- Young People's Award - Secondary Age recognizes young people aged 14 - 18 years
2015 Niagara Region Environmetal Awards Recipients
Congratulations to all of the 2015 Environmental Awards Recipients.
For more information, contact Katelyn Vaughan, 905-980-6000 or toll free at 1-800-263-7215.
Environmental Awards History
The Niagara Region Environmental Awards is one of the longest-running Environmental Awards programs hosted by any municipal government in Ontario.
Learn more about past winners.