Job Posting #19021
Our careers site will be temporarily unavailable on Sept. 21 from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. due to system maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Certified Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Water & Wastewater
About Niagara Region
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada's most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada's most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario's most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Carry out a full range of mechanical repairs on facility and system equipment, buildings and related grounds equipment.
Maintain an active preventive maintenance program including related filing and data input.
Keep accurate and detailed records of work assignments, staffing, purchases, repairs etc.
Ensure that all work is carried out in compliance with applicable Acts, Regulations and policies.
Responsible for maintaining a parts inventory including ordering and researching cost effective alternatives.
Assist with the training of staff assigned to them and provide input for budget management, plant upgrades etc.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Completion of an Apprenticeship Program from a recognized College or Trade school as an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- Post secondary or continuing education training in electrical/electronic technologies an asset
- Post Secondary or continuing education training with computer applications relevant to this position. i.e. PLC training
- College level courses required for acquiring and maintaining Gas Technician License is an asset
- Additional education requirements as per regulations for Water Licensing and/or Wastewater Licensing
- 8000 hours of work as an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Apprentice
- Experience in the maintenance of a water system and treatment plant and/or a wastewater system and treatment plant or similar industrial environment as an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) is an asset
- Experience with pipefitting and minor plumbing repairs
- Experienced in the maintenance of boiler systems (gas fired) is preferred
- Experience with diesel engine maintenance and troubleshooting is preferred
- Experience working with instrumentation and other electrical devices is preferred
- Previous experience with a computerized maintenance management system a definite asset
- Operating experience in a water or wastewater plant is an asset
- Must possess a Certificate of Apprenticeship as an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- Must possess and maintain a valid Certificate of Qualification as an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) in the Province of Ontario
- Interprovincial designation as an Industrial Mechanic Millwright (Red Seal) is an asset
- Operator in Training (OIT) Licenses in Water Treatment and Distribution and Operator in Training (OIT) Licenses in Wastewater Treatment and Collection
- Level 1-4 Water Treatment License and/or Level 1-4 Wastewater Treatment License is considered an asset
- Must successfully complete Level 1 Water Distribution exam AND/OR Level 1 Wastewater Collection exam within 18 months
- Must be willing to undertake additional levels of training prescribed in the Regulations
- Training and Certification in WHMIS and First Aid/CPR
- A valid Gas Technician License as required by the Province of Ontario is considered an asset
- Training and a valid certificate for Confined Space Entry, Materials Handling, and Transportation of Dangerous Goods is considered an asset
- Must possess a valid class G Drivers license for the Province of Ontario
- Must be able to work without direct supervision
- Must comply with all aspects of the Regional Respiratory Program Policy. Respiratory Fit Test mandatory.
- Must be willing to take additional training as assigned by the employer
- May be required to participate in various shift assignments
- Travel required within system to perform maintenance
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
- It is the employee's responsibility to possess and maintain a valid and restriction-free driver's license of appropriate class to carry out the duties of the job
Currently scheduled Monday - Friday days, and subject to emergency call ins, overtime, on-call and standby, including holidays & weekends. The position is currently assigned to Area 2 Water, which includes treatement facilities in Welland and Port Colborne. The successful applicant may be required to work at any facility within the respective Area and/or Water/Wastewater Treatment system in accordance with the collective agreement.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Email to Friend
« Other jobs