Job Posting #18362
Total Rewards Specialist
Approximate Duration: 6 months
Reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards, the Total Rewards Specialist is responsible for recommendations and research for the policy development and program design for the Region’s Total Compensation strategies, including salary plans, job evaluation, market competitiveness and recognition and rewards.
Maintain the salary structures for non union and union groups. This includes Conducts internal evaluations of new and changed jobs, assuring internal and external equity, and consideration of pay equity plans and legislation Provides recommendations for the design, and maintains all employee group and Council salary and compensation structures, coordinating the implementation of individual and across the board increases, ensuring that rates are updated/amended in accordance with negotiated changes, and non-union pay for performance and for internal equity increases. Develops and recommends union and non-union salary strategies, coordinating external and internal scans, salary surveys and conducting statistical research and inter-relationship analysis of multiple salary structures and costings. Identifies opportunities to improve job evaluation plans and processes, providing recommendations, coordinating input from JE committees, labour relations and other stakeholders, and ensuring maintenance of internal equity and pay equity.
Consults on total rewards, job design and all compensation issues including exceptional circumstances.
- Provides development and design input into the management of total compensation and recognition and rewards programs.
- Monitors compensation plans and salary competitiveness within the market, managing salary surveys, coordinating data inputs, analyzing data and providing recommendations to support salary planning activities.
- Provides annual reviews and maintenance of salary structures and changes.
- Provides analysis and input to benefit plan design, administration, and renewal.
Builds and maintains shared service consulting relationships.
- Reviews, analyzes and provides recommendations on union and non-union salary structures, job evaluation plans, job and organizational design, and compensation policies for shared service partners.
- Facilitates annual economic adjustment reviews by providing a market analysis and recommendations.
- Supports the implementation of the economic adjustment including presentations to managers, committees, and councils.
Develops and maintains a costing and reconciliation model for union and non-union groups including supporting collective bargaining.
Reviews, and makes recommendations on compensation related policies and procedures.
- Monitors changes to the Pay Equity Act and other related legislation, ensuring policies and practices and reviewed and updated as required.
- 3 years experience in job design, salary administration, compensation, job evaluation and pay equity, benefits, pensions and total rewards.
- 5 years experience with Human Resources principles, compensation, job design and evaluation, benefits, pension, total rewards in a multi-union environment preferred.
- Demonstrated consultation, analytical, data compilation and presentation skills
- Experience in working with benefit providers and insurance carriers, including reporting, renewals and budgeting preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation.
- Post-secondary diploma in Business Administration/HR or related field.
- Post-secondary degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) preferred.
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) preferred.
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) preferred.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs