Job Posting #18356
Childrens Services Special Projects Administrator
Approximate Duration: 12 months
Reporting to the Manager, Children's Services Support, the Special Projects Administrator will lead a wide range of projects focused on improvements to data collection to support evidence informed decision making, service system management, and quality early learning environments in licensed child care centres.
This role will create and execute project work plans and schedules, monitor and provide status reports on project plans to the Children’s Services management team and applicable internal and external stakeholders, analyze data collected and report on disbursement of Wage Enhancement Grant funding, report on required Ministry of Education data elements, and support translation of data to support decisions for local systems management.
This position will lead project communications plans and facilitate and/or provide administrative support for project meetings.
1. Provide support to Children’s Services Division with the implementation of the Wage Enhancement Grant for Registered Early Childhood Educators in the licensed child care system across Niagara.
- Maintain contact with licensed child care providers in the community as required to help support implementation of the Wage Enhancement Grant within their operation.
- Complete analysis of data from applications to inform disbursement of funding.
- Ensure timely and accurate data submissions to the Ministry of Education.
2. Lead development of data collection involving teams within Children’s Services and Quality Child Care Niagara Advisory Committee.
- Develop process maps of procedures and recommendations for process efficiencies and automation
- Develop timely reporting mechanisms to support evidence informed decisions for Children's Services and external planning tables
- Work with IT to develop database and web-based applications to support data collection
- Act as the primary liaison between all technical and non-technical members assigned to the project
- Maintain detailed status of activities and issues to present to Manager and other project stakeholders.
3. Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of local resources to support increased physical activity for children in licensed child care centres.
- Organize and complete assigned project activities ensuring that activities are completed on time and within budget constraints
- Act as the primary liaison between all stakeholders involved with the project
- Identify potential funding sources, write grants and track funding of allocated funds related to project
- Coordinating research and other activities with initiative partners to maximize alignment of strategies and actions
- Identify and coordinate with potential projects, activities, collaboratives etc. within the community that align with project goals and objectives.
4. Provide administrative support for the local planning and implementation of Ontario Early Years Child and Family Centres
- Execute regular communications with steering committee members and internal and external stakeholders
- Schedule, prepare materials and correspondence for meetings.
- Experience in data collection, analysis, research and evaluation
- Knowledge of community programs
- Knowledge of computer software related to data collection and analysis
- Knowledge of computer software related to data collection and analysis (e.g. databases, web-based applications, Excel, SPSS, online survey tools).
- Knowledge of early child development practices.
- Knowledge of Ontario Child Care Management System, Child Care Licensing System is preferred.
- Post-Secondary Degree that includes courses on social statistics.
- An annual influenza vaccination is recommended
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs