Job Posting #18244
Continuous Opening - Registered Nurse
Practices as a member of the interdisciplinary team in accordance with Regulated Health Professions Act, Gerontological Nurses Association (GNA) Standards, The Long-Term Care Homes Act, and the standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
In keeping with the philosophy, objectives, polices, and procedures of the Seniors Services Division, provide professional Nursing Care to residents/clients.
In keeping with the philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Seniors Services, provide professional nursing care to residents/clients with complex disorders (i.e., emotional, behavioural, cognitive, psychological, physical) and support to their families and other caregivers.
Through a collaborative approach, offers direction and assistance to the Registered Practical Nurse and Health Care Aides/Personal Support Workers.
Participates in, support and facilitate interdisciplinary, resident/client-centred care to achieve desired resident/client quality of life outcomes, in collaboration with other professionals and community health agencies.
- Certificate from an approved College, or a diploma from an approved University, in a recognized Registered Nursing program.
- Training in Gentle Persuasive Approaches (GPA) preferred.
- Minimum of three months of current (within the last 3 years) experience as a Registered Nurse in long term care nursing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Long-term Care Homes Act S.O. 2007, and regulations under the Act
- Knowledge of resident/client safety issues and demonstrated capacity to apply resident/client safety practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the requirements under the Occupational health & Safety Act and its regulations necessary to act as a competent supervisor
- Demonstrated strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to perform comprehensive bio-psychosocial assessment and rapport with resident/client population.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest, compassion, respect and patience in their work with cognitively impaired residents/clients and their families.
- Demonstrated flexibility and resourcefulness in achieving resident/client quality of life outcomes.
- Ability in conflict resolution and crisis intervention.
- Demonstrated computer skills and ability to use nursing related applications.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm, flexibility and ability to cope with change.
- Demonstrated commitment to resident/client-centred care and compassion for the resident/client population.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate including a vulnerable sector search.
- Physically and mentally capable of performing the duties of the job and have an excellent rapport with elderly people.
- Strong background in long-term care, community consultation and geriatric mental health
- Must be able and available to work all shifts, weekends, and statutory holidays, as required
- This position is defined as a RPT B, where we ask the incumbent to make time commitments to the corporation and consistent and regular attendance is required.
Successful applicants will have one primary home location and also have the opportunity to work in our other long term care facilities listed below
- Gilmore Lodge - Fort Erie
- Northland Pointe - Port Colborne
- Rapelje Lodge - Welland
- Woodlands of Sunset - Welland
- Linhaven - St.Catharines
- Upper Canada Lodge - Niagara on the lake
- Deer Park Villa - Grimsby
- Meadows of Dorchester - Niagara FallsConditions of offer include:
- obtaining a vulnerable sector police clearance that is less than 6 months old from date of hire
- satisfactory completion of Mantoux Baseline 1 and 2 Clearance (or chest x-ray)
- satisfactory completion of a physical assessmentIn order to be employed in our seniors division or any long term care facility, you must possess a current vulnerable sector police clearance that is less than 6 months old. Although it is at the candidate's discretion, it is encouraged that you obtain a vulnerable sector police clearance due to the length of process time.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.Please note this posting will close June 30, 2017 and another posting of this position will open July 1, 2017 - if you did not received a response by the end date and still interested in this position please reapply to the posting that will open July 1, 2017.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs