Job Posting #18173
Manager Total Rewards
Reporting to the Associate Director, Employee Services, the Manager Total Rewards is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the organization in the design and delivery of total rewards programs including compensation and benefits.
This role manages several key vendor relationships, provides support in the collective bargaining process, and has financial accountability for related budgeting, trends and analysis.
Develops and implements organizational total rewards strategies, ensuring compensation, benefits and programs and processes support the Region of Niagara and its shared services partners’ business, human resource management and growth requirements.
- Manages the program design, policy development and analytics for total rewards, including salary, wages, job evaluation, and benefits.
- Develops short and long-term budget projections for wages and benefits.
- Ensures all program information and updates are communicated.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and cost effectiveness of Total Rewards programs, processes and related activities.
- Works with the senior management team and the Associate Director, Employee Services to develop long and short-term Total Rewards strategic plans that support the people strategy and the business and operational objectives of the organization, defining goals and objectives in alignment with department/division plans and overall corporate/Council vision, and developing action plans and tactics to achieve results.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short and long range planning for the division and department, providing subject matter expertise during all professional and policy decision-making processes, as required.
Ensures effective processes, policies, vendor/partners and practices are in place and support legislative and regulatory standards and requirements, monitoring compliance and addressing issues.
- Provides leadership and direction to the total rewards team in the development of policies and procedures related to compensation and benefits, establishing quality control measures and leading the development of standard operating procedures.
- Develops and maintains key vendor relationships and contracts to support the implementation of planned offerings.
- Develops and implements policies and systems to ensure the highest standard of accuracy, timeliness and efficiency in records management, government regulations, and collective agreements.
Provides support to the collective bargaining process.
- Develops wage and benefits strategy and preparing costing scenarios.
- Provides reports, reconciliations and dashboard metrics.
Plans and manages total rewards, wage and benefits management budgets, ensuring financial plans support the Region’s multi-year budget process and align with established collective agreement parameters.
- Develops, manages, and administers annual and multi-year Capital and Operating budgets for the operating unit ensuring support of Council’s objectives, financial transparency and accountability, monitoring budget adherence, identifying and explaining variances, and financial reporting is effectively managed in compliance with corporate financial policies. Ensure goods and services are acquired in accordance with the procurement policy. Authorize, and administer the acquisition of goods and services for the operating unit and direct reports in accordance with the procurement policy and procedures.
Manages people resource planning for the division or operating unit, determining ideal organizational structures, identifying desirable role and skill mix requirements and ensuring ongoing work quality and deliverability of results.
- Enables results with the organization’s human capital strategy to foster employee engagement.
- Directs and provides leadership for the activities and coaching of direct reports, providing work direction, setting priorities, assigning tasks/projects, determining methods and procedures to be used, resolving problems, ensuring results are achieved, and managing staff recruitment, performance, and skill development activities
- Ensures alignment and coordination of activity and quality of output between teams under their direction
- Ensures focus is service excellence, communication/transparency, innovation, and data integrity and work flow integration.
- Ensures staff has the information and resources to make successful plans and decisions.
- Ensures all people related issues, including recruitment, grievances and labour relations issues, are aligned to HR and Corporate standards and practices.
- Helps to break down barriers to employee success, ensuring collaboration and cooperation with other teams within their division and department
- Ensures Occupational Health & Safety policies, programs and practices are implemented, and maintained. This includes workplace inspections, monitoring, accident reporting and investigations, and ensuring any observed hazards or lapses in the functioning of OH&S processes, and other OH&S concerns are responded to promptly.
- Ensures all individuals under supervision have been informed of hazards and instructed on the necessary risk control and emergency response measures
- 7 to 10 years of experience in HR with specialized experience in the areas of compensation, benefits, salary administration, job evaluation.
- Experience in a multi unionized environment preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of management experience.
- Demonstrated financial acumen and vendor management experience.
- Experience managing vendor and/or benefit providers, consultants and insurance carriers, including contract management and budgets.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation.
- CCP – Certified Compensation Professional preferred.
- CEBS – Certified Employee Benefits Specialist preferred.
- Post-secondary diploma in Business Admin/HR.
- Post-secondary degree in Business Admin/HR preferred.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, this position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance certificate.
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
Please note the special application instructions for this opportunity:
To be considered for this role, please apply at www.ApplyFirst.ca/Job88126
Email to Friend
« Other jobs